Avatar universal

Neck/Back pain

I have a question about Upper or mid back injuries (ANY help asap would be Greatly appreciated)
I was involved in an accident 6 months ago where I was knocked unconscious with a head concussion and ruptured L5, S1 according to the MRI among other injuries.

The thing is, when I was laying in the Hospital bed my legs and ARMS kept going numb and asleep no matter how they adjusted the bed and they couldn't tell me why it was happening. Later on I found out the legs was because of the "L5 S1"  but a lot of the same pains that I feel in my legs I feel in my arms. Especially a Burning/ cold/ pain going down UNDER my arms. Besides the obvious lower part of my back My neck especially a spot on the left of my neck that hurts/ has a strong ***** and a place in the middle/lower part of my back that zaps me with pain if I lean my torso out or in and at times it's hard to breathe.

My hands have spazzed out on me, it starts with my thumb and my whole hand gets numbish & tingly and my hand jerks in like I've stuck my finger in a light socket. I have random "sting" spots under my arms and in my fingers (like I do in my toes) that are very painful. Aside from that it, it  feels like there's water just running down my back and at times water drops on my arms and painful tingles on my arms and in my torso, sometimes my arms are numb like they're in a blood pressure cup and I wake up with my arms and legs asleep.

Iv'e been told I have nerve damage but not where or anything about it and nothing has shown up on their tests for anything but the lower part of my back. I've heard about other tests like a Myelography? Any comments  other tests that may help me find out what's going or just some advise on this would be sooo appreciated. Could this just be whiplash??? I've been let know my time is running out finaincially for solutions PLease, I'm a 26 year old female that was very active before, I'm concerned and I really need your help...THANK YOU so very much.  
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
514494 tn?1376511148
If you were knocked unconscious, it's quite possible your head/neck was injured during this accident. Nerves in the neck travel down into the arms and hands. I would suggest that you take your x-ray images to an Upper Cervical Chiropractor for analysis. A referral directory can be found here - www.UpCspine.com

Helpful - 1
Avatar universal
Thank you Mr. Tanase for you reply,
                  I went for an MRI of my upper/mid back but they stopped it due to the fact all the pics were blurred (though I was still) Since the accident I’ve had crackly/crawly almost like acid being poured on my scalp/ down face. And sometimes it feels like there’s a strong clamp under my forehead (right side) and at other times a clamp on cheekbone- when that happens it’s like the right of my face has been shot with Novocain and my fingers/ arm & leg on the right side are tingly. I can talk ok though and have been cleared for seizures.

When I told the techs at the MRI, they said that the feeling along with little twitches I felt under my cheek sounded like muscle spasms but that they couldn’t tell me anything about it like a Dr. could.

If you could advise me about what to ask- really, just clue me in- in any way, I’d really appreciate. Thanks so much
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Chiropractic Care Forum

Popular Resources
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.