Chiropractic Care Forum

Neck out of place? Hmm

I am a 21 year old female. I woke up Saturday morning to the sound of my neck cracking which was followed by nausea, extreme paleness, and tingling in my arms and face. I feel better now but my neck is stiff/sore and there is a lump/knot on the back of my neck just to the right of the center at my hairline. My range of motion is improving but I can't quite turn my head completely to the right nor drop my head to my right shoulder. I've been icing it but I'm too afraid to try and crack it in case it makes me sick again. Do you think it's out of place?

Thank you very much for reading,
Elaina
I am going to urge you to stop all attempts of self-manipulation. I would also advise you not to use ice packs around the front or back of the neck.

There very well could be an upper cervical misalignment based on how you've described the situation. I would start by looking up doctors in your area from the referral directory this website: www.UpCspine.com

You may be the type of person who does not respond well to rotational manipulation, so it would be beneficial to have this corrected by someone who performed alternative adjusting methods.

Adam Tanase, D.C.
www.drtanase.com
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.