Chiropractic Care Forum

Scoliosis?

Hello, I am an 18 year old former athlete who has wen having back pain since around the age of 15. My biological mother has scoliosis and had surgical rods placed in her back. My question is should I be concerned of having the same disorder? Recently I have been having more back pain and feel as if I have several vertebra's out of place. How long does it take to form scoliosis? My last x-ray was at the age of 16 and I had showed no signs then.
Any answers would be much appericiated!
I'm not of the opinion that scoliosis is a familial condition. Although I do recommend that you get periodic checkups to evaluate you posture and spinal health from a reputable chiropractor or physical therapist in your area.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.