Sharp pains in Right arm?

I recently started a weight training program at my gym. I have been pretty sedentary for a few years with twins and a new baby. I just turned 40 and have always been very active before this time, I started working out 4 weeks ago. After starting the program, my right arm and shoulder have been having this pain down to the hand and it changes day to day. Sometimes it throbs at night and has barely gotten any better in the last weeks. It is a sharp pain at different locations in my arm and shoulder. I have never had a pain like this before. I am wondering if it could be a pinched nerve? I broke my neck about 20yrs ago (not sure the #s but higher in my neck) but never had any pain after recovery. This new workout program gave me some new machines I had never used before. One is where I lay on my hips on a bar and my legs are held down and I bend at the waist with my hands behind my neck and bend up and down for back muscle strenght. I never felt any pain doing the workouts and used light weights since I knew  I am out of shape and didn't want to overdo it.I hesistate to see a MD because i don't want drugs or surgery but my husband went to a chiro. a few yrs back and had great results. Your thoughts?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'd look into visiting a chiropractor for this issue. It sounds like you may have a structural issue within the neck surrounding the brachial plexus. Start simple - chiropractic care is non-invasive. The doctor will take x-rays of your spine and see if there is a biomechanical issue that's contributing to this pain pattern.
Helpful - 0
Thank you for your reply. I thought a D.C. was a good place to begin. I have set up an appt. with a very well respected D.C. in our community.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Chiropractic Care Forum

Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.