Can Birds Give Humans Chlamydia?

I recently had a miscarriage and my Drs office automatically tests for chlamydia.  My results were positive.  My husband has been my only partner, ever.  I confronted him on the issue and he swears he has not cheated.  He went to get tested and his results will be back tomorrow.  I saw on the internet that birds can transmit Chlamydia Psittaci to humans but it's more of an upper-respiratory infection.  How likely is it for a bird to have passed that to me? Would a test for Chlamydia still show positive if it's the kind from a bird?  I work as a Vet Tech at an exotic clinic. So I work with birds, alot.  I just want an answer as to how I got infected, if my partner is truely being honest. Thanks
its not the same strain as genital chlamydia
Like 2terrified stated, it is not the same strain.  If you have not been w/ anyone else I would just wait for your husband's results to come back.  If he comes back negative then I would think the doc should be able to offer you some information on how it can be contracted other than partner to partner. Can I ask how long you have been married or w/ your husband?  I do know it is possible to have it go undetected for a long period of time.  Another question is, when you had your last pap did they test you for chlamydia then?  I would make sure to check when the last time you yourself were tested, that should help narrow down the time frame. I know I get tested every year for chlamydia but that could be because I am not married and they consider ppl who are not married at "higher risk".  

Most importantly~ I am so very sorry to hear about your miscarriage.  I know firsthand how difficult and painful that can be.  My thoughts are with you.

Please keep me posted as to what you find and figure out.  I myself am curious to hear what the doc has to say.  

Thinking of you...

You are reading content posted in the Chlamydia Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.