Can Chlamydia Be Passed On By Kissing?

My Partner Gave Me Oral Sex After I Got Infected. I Am Rid Of It Now But He Still Hasnt Gotten His Antibiotics. Can We Kiss Or Will It Just Get Passed Back To Me?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
No, you can't pass it from kissing, and chlamydia rarely occurs orally.

He really needs to be treated.

Aj
Helpful - 0
He doesnt have a doctor and wont go to the health department. Can my doctor prescribe me the antibiotics for him?
Helpful - 0
He might.  Some docs will do this - others won't.

Something isn't quite right if a guy won't get tested and treated in order to have sex.

Aj
Helpful - 0
He is acting like a child!! 36 Years old and his excuse is he doesnt want people th know his business..i tell him doctors are there for that reason they wont report him because its not HIV?Aids! But I'll ask my doctor..He know's we're not having sex untill he gets treated..Guess he doesnt care??
Helpful - 0
His business?  He isn't putting an ad in the paper - he's going to the doctor, and the health dept treats the information the same way any doctor does.

You are nicer than I am lol - I wouldn't be asking my doctor, and I'd make him go.  But again, that's easy for me to say - I'm not in the relationship.

How long have you all been together?  Do you know how chlamydia entered this relationship?

Aj
Helpful - 0
Lol I'd Rather Just Get It Over With. But I Gave Him A GOOD Talking To!! We've Been Together 4 Months He Told Me He Was Seeing A Girl Before He Started Dating Me And It Wasnt Untill After We Had Sex She Calls Him (It Just So Happens I Was Beside Him) And She Tells Him Her Results Came Back Positive For Chlamydia..So I Called And Made A Next Day Appt. So I Dont Really Blame Him..Should I??
Helpful - 0
Oh I wouldn't blame him for not knowing he had it - that happens all the time.

But he needs to suck it up and get tested.  If he's old enough for sex, he's old enough to get tested.  Its all part of the responsibilities of being sexually active.

Aj
Helpful - 0
Amen to that!! Well I finished the meds a bit ago now i have thick white discharge when i urinate. Like a thick string hanging there..my apologies for being so descriptive but im wonder why? And also yesterday i was having extremely uncomfortable "pains" in my lower abdomen..mostly the right side..the reason for quotations is that its not really a pain more of a sensation i guess..but i took two advil and been fine since. What does that usually mean??
Helpful - 0
Were you tested for bacterial vaginosis?  You could have a secondary infection.

Yeah, no fun.  :(

Aj
Helpful - 0
Oh Geeze..Really No Fun..Im Thinking The Doc Tested Me For Everything Because I Actually Had UTI When I Went To The Hospital And Then At The Doc. I Had Bladder Infection..Same Thing Pretty Much Right?
Helpful - 0
No, they are caused by different bacteria.  BV will give you vaginal symptoms, and possibly urinary symptoms.  A UTI is strictly in the urinary tract.  BV is a vaginal infection.  

I'd call and ask if you were tested for bv.  If you weren't, you should be.

Aj
Helpful - 0
Okay Thanks For All Your Info!! I'll be In Touch!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Chlamydia Community

Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.