Chlamydia! Please HELP!

I just found out that I have Chlamydia. I think I've had it about 4 years. I had symptoms, but my doctor continued to tell me it was just a yeast infection without checking. But I went to a different doctor who told me I have Chlamydia. She also told me that my uterus is inflamed which I've read and researched could be a sign of PID, which leads to infertility. Does anyone know if this is possible? I'm only 18... I want a big family.
Yes it is possible, but most women fertility is not an issue. Having chlamydia for 4 years is unheard of, probably less time then that.
If you  are 18 if you think you have had it for 4 years then you were having unprotected sex at the age of 14?
Yes, I had unprotected sex at 14. I didn't go to the doctor for a really long time. I finally had a gynecologist test me and that's when I found out I have Chlamydia.
Have you had unprotected sex since age 14?

You are reading content posted in the Chlamydia Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.