Chlamydia Community

Chlamydia Test Positve

I'm a female who recently has performed oral sex on a male with ejactualtion in the mouth, and protected vaginal sex (condom use). I just tested positive for Chlamydia vaginally. My question is, is it possible for me to have contracted Chlamydia through oral sex, then transmitted to my male partner's penis who then spread the bacteria vaginally? Or could I have given it to him orally, then he performed oral sex on me and transmissted vaginally?

I'm just trying to figure out how I got Chlamydia  vaginally when I had protected sex, and then oral sex. I was under the impression that Chlamydia is not transmitted through skin to skin contact. Both my partner and I have to take a single antibiotic dose.
The chances are that you have had chlamydia before this partner. What you describe is implausible. You practically need an ejaculation in the vagina from an infected male for you to be infected.

Are there previous sexual episodes that fit this possibility?
I've been with my partner for over 15 years. I was tested for gonorrhea and Chlamydia 8 months ago, both oral and vaginally both negative. My parter was tested 4 times around the same time for both, and both were negative. I've had one protected sexual encounter with vaginal sex, and three oral encounters (I performed oral on a male) three times. During a routine gyno exam recently, I was swabbed (vaginal) and came up positive for Chlamydia.

I would think barrier sex would prevent the transmission of Chlamydia but I've read elsewhere that it's highly contagious and can be transmitted with condom use.

If that is not the case then I really attempting to figure out how I got in vaginally. If him cheating is a concern it wouldn't even be a possibility as we have an open sexual relationship so there is no reason for him to have "cheated" and not said anything. Just no reason to.
I understand, but the more plausible explanation is that your partner has infected you with chlamydia from unprotected vaginal sex. Given your diagnosis he will need to test again.
Thanks for taking the time to write back.

He's already been treated as have I.

The plausibility of what you suggest is not possible as he has not had unprotected vaginal sex with anyone.

I can make this clearer than above. He can have sex with whoever he wants however he wants and it will be extremely hot to me. He is quite aware of this. There's no concern with this.

I went to two different doctors and both state that this could have been passed even with a condom on as its a highly contagious bacteria. Even from genital to genital touching. In addition stated that this could have been passed as I stated above. Oral to or penile to vagina. It was suggested to refrain for sexual contact, orally and vaginally for 7 days, even with the use of condoms for this very reason.

This is beginning to make more sense if it's transmitted through vaginal fluid, seminal fluid and mucous membranes. If any seminal fluid was to get outside the barrier and was thrust into the vagina it can cause this.

Or if the head of the or is touches the back of an infected throat repeatedly, for a throat that is infected this can happen. I realize chlamydia oral cases are rare but still noted as possible.

Thanks for taking the time to write.

He's already been treated as have I.

Thanks for taking the time to write.
***UPDATE*** - Just want to update that prior to treatment I decided to get tested for oral Chlamydia and that too came back positive. So it appears very possible that you can in fact contract oral Chlamydia, and you can in fact pass it from oral to to penis to vagina.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.