Chlamydia without cheating

I was recently treated for chlamydia and gonorrhea, I am still waiting on the test results but the doctor seemed pretty positive that I had one of the two based on my symptoms. I have not brought it up to my girlfriend just yet as I wanted to know the test results before I made any accusations, I will tell her as soon as I get the results.

We have been in a relationship for the past 4 months, I have not cheated and to my knowledge she has not either. We were both sexually active with other people before our relationship began, myself more than her. Is it possible that one of us could have had it previously and that symptoms just appeared in me within the past couple weeks?
If it was chlamydia then yes it could have been brought into the relationship by you or her. If gonorrhea yes just more unlikely, but if you just started having sex unprotected sex then possible.

This is not a sign of cheating in a 4 month old relationship.
Thanks, we had been having unprotected sex for the past 3-4 months, and the symptoms just showed up in me 2-3 weeks ago. So just to confirm, assuming it is chlamydia, it would be fairly normal for me to have just recently "caught" it?
It can be. Just because you have sex doesn't mean you get something. So could have very well just gotten it.
I didn't receive results yet but told her, apparently she was tested 3 months ago and it came back negative. Any thought on this development?
You still could have had it for months and not known it.

Update me when you get results, I can help you better.
Got my results, they came back negative for both chlamydia and gonnorhea. She was also tested and came back negative.

However the antibiotic treatment seemed to work as I'm now almost 100% symptom free. The nurse at the clinic i went pretty much had no idea what it could have been.
Well with negative tests you can throw out the thought of cheating. Might have just been some bacteria.

You are reading content posted in the Chlamydia Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.