Chlamydia Community

Chlamydia

hey doctor

i tested positive for chlamydia got treated right away with a 1000mg of zithromax.  

1) will this cure me from chlamydia and not have to worry about it anymore and have healthy children and not affect my partner??

2) how long do i have to wait until i can have unprotected sex again??

3) can i masturbate right after i the 1000mg of zithromax or do i have to wait and not have any masturbation??

please doc id really appreaciate the reply
Hi there -

Yes.

7 days.  But make sure that if you have any of the same partners that you've had recently that they have been treated as well.  Otherwise, you could get re-infected.

Nope, masturbation is fine.

Aj
hey

i really appreciate the reply i feel a lot better now
thank you :)
Pedro -

You added this to someone else's thread.  The best place for your questions is on your own thread.

"hey

this is my case i had protected sex with a girl the last day of june.  Then on the 16th of august i got a severe pain in my testicles, but as i sat down for awhile the pain went away. The next morning i felt a slight pain in my testicles for like about 5 minutes then went away.  I went to get tested on the 22nd of august for all std's and they all came back negative.  But the pain on my testicles would come for one day just for like a minute and then go away.  This happens like once or twice a week.  Now this past week i have experienced a slight little drop of precum without an erection that kind of scared me.  i went to my doctor and told me that i may have chlamydia, so she gave me 1000mg of zithromax. I told her that i had gotten tested negative for all stds 2 weeks before. Im on my 3rd day of the treatment. I went to the urologist, and he told me that possible my testicles get a slight torsion but they unwrap each other. My questions are:

1) wouldnt the previous tests would have determined if i had any std's??

2) if i do have chlamydia my doctor already gave me treatment of 1000mg of zithromax, would this clear the infection?

3) the pain of my testes came before the precum, Would the pain in my testicles be the cause of the precum or clear sticky discharge?? and if it was would the 1000mg of zithromax clear the pain on my testicles??

please respond thank you "

_______________________

1 - yes it should have.

2 - yes it will.

3 - if the zithromax clears an infection that is causing this, then it should clear the pain.

Have you had a prostate exam done?

Aj

Hey
sorry about that i didnt know u couldnt do that
but thanks a lot fo the reply
no i havent done a prostate exam, but i am going to have an ultrasound on my testicles on monday. i forgot to mention that for about 2 after i go checked i had like a slight itching on my urethra but that went away right away and got kind of worried i did have an std, but when i got my results back it said i was negative (thank god)

1) so if i tested negative for chlamydia and gonorrea the day i got checked which was 2 weeks ago, i got checked again and waitin for my results.  Was the test more than enough evidence to know i am negative or is there a posibility it can come back different??

2) Will that ultrasound determine if i were to have epidydimitis, orchitis, prostatitis, torsion, or anything that is causing the pain in my testicles??
The ultrasound can only find abnormalities in the testicles, so prostatitis wouldn't be seen.  The rest probably would be.

I'd guess these results will also be negative.

Aj

hey

so the ultrasound can determine for the other ones and not prostatitis?

how would they find out if i have prostatis, by a urine test and prostate exam??

If i were to have any of these diseases such like prostatitis, epidydimis, or orchitis can they be cured completely with antibiotics?? if yes, how long would it take for them to completely heal before i can have unprotected sex again and not infect my partner?

by the way i am 19 yrs old

The prostate isn't in the testicles, so it won't see that on an ultrasound of the testicles.  See this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostate

Yes, all of these can be cured with antibiotics, and how long it takes varies.  Chronic prostatitis can be hard to cure for some men.

Ask your doctor about sex, or post in the urology or men's health forum.  Those aren't stds, so they aren't my area of knowledge.

Aj
hey

i really appreciate the replies
thank you very much

hey

so if i was cured for chlamydia is it completely gone away from my body and cannot catch it again only if get infected again by someone who has it??
Right - you'd have to be exposed to it again.

Aj
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.