Could I have Chlamydia?

I received unprotected oral sex from a sex worker a couple times back in May. I was tested for STD's i believe at least 3 weeks after the exposure and all results came back negative. However I was diagnosed with Molluscum in my genital area. Around maybe late June/early July I began having discomfort in my lower abdomen and it felt like there was a lot of pressure. I started taking Bactrim from my doctor and that sort of went away. Right after that I started having a stinging sensation off and on throughout the day towards the tip of my penis and would also feel it when I need to urinate & afterwards. Never had any discharge but after I urinate my penis does leak urine and I have to shake it out. Since then I've been tested for HIV, HSV 1 & 2 a couple times and they've all come back negative. I've been seeing a urologist for about a month now and he says it could possibly be Prostititus. I've taken maybe 3 or 4 weeks worth of Bactrim up until now. I've read online that Bactrim isn't the best medicine for those STD's. I just realized that I never did follow up testing for Chlamydia or Gonorrhea so went and did a urine test for those 2 STDs and I am waiting for my test results. I would like to know if my treatment with Bactrim would have cleared up those STDs if they were present or if I could potentially have one of them.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
When I mention reading about Bactrim not being the best medicine for "those 2 STDs I am referring to Chlamydia or Gonorrhea.
Helpful - 0
That medication would have no effect on those 2 STD's and if you tested 3 weeks after last exposure then you don't have either gonorrhea or chlamydia.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Chlamydia Community

Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.