A
A
A
Close
Chlamydia Community
4.98k Members

Did I test too soon?

Hi,

I had unprotected sex. 11 days later I went for testing. I had a few symptoms and I was worried. Came back negative for STDs and positive for bacterial vaginosis. They prescribed my flagyl. Prior to this I had frequent yeast infections.

A month later I had an abortion and they gave me doxycyclin as an antiobiotic.

My questions are:

1. Did I test too soon for STDs?
2. If I did, and assuming I did actually have chlamydia all along, would the doxycyclin have cleared it up?

Right now I'm worried because it feels as though I do have a yeast infection, but they occur so often I don't know what it actually is.

Thanks for you help

2 Responses
1. Gonorrhea and chlamydia at 11 days is good
1 Comments
I called the clinic and the nurse said it may pick up but it is usually better at 14 days
She is very mistaken, 3-5 days is actually fine.
Popular Resources
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.