Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Did she cheat or was it dormant?

3 years ago my GF and I tested positive for Chlamydia.  We took our Azithromycin and wait 10 days to have sex again.

3 months later she had a pap smear and was clean . I was never re-tested but never showed signs that I was still infected, so I assumed it was gone.

Fast forward to last week where she told me she tested positive for chlamydia.  I haven't had any sexual encounters with anyone other than her during this time. She says she hasn't either.

Is it possible that I was still infected, even after taking the azithromycin, and it was dormant then came back after 3 years and I infected her again?

You have to remember, it was 3 years between.

Is that possible?  Is it probable?

1 Responses
There are stories like this, genuine stories. It is highly unlikely but enough doubt for what she says to be just true.

It is possibly your partner has carried chlamydia all along as it was not cured by the antibiotic. A standard pap does pick up chlamydia, only HPV.

You'd think it would be hard to believe that she'd know first hand the risks of chlamydia and have discreet unprotected sex?

You are reading content posted in the Chlamydia Community

Popular Resources
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.