Chlamydia Community
4.98k Members
Avatar universal

Don't know what to do

I've been having strange symptoms for over a year now. I've been to many doctors and specialists but so far nothing has came up about stds although I'm not sure I have ever been tested but I have had a Pap smear. I am almost 16 years old and I stupidly had sex with a guy last year. at first I thought it was just a uti. I had burning during urination, frequency, but I also noticed I had discharge and lower abdominal pain. I didn't think anything about chlamidya at the time though. The doctors told me I was just having discomforts because my intestines might be backed up. I started taking mirilax and it did no help. I have put it off for so long and it's starting to worry me. My symptoms are now a daily occurrence and it's too much pain to handle. I just don't know what to do. I do not want my mom to find out because she would blame it on my current boyfriend whom which I have not had any type of sexual relations with. I'm not sure if I should visit my local planned parenthood for a test and treatment. I'm scared and nervous. I'm not for sure if I do have chlamidya. and if I have had it for this long, am I looking at a bad risk of infertility in the future?
1 Responses
Avatar universal
I would see a Dr for some STD testing to start with and best person to see is an OBGYN.
Popular Resources
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.