Chlamydia Community

How can husband test negative twice, and I'm positive twice?

On April 19th I had a pap smear done and April 28th was told that I have Chlamydia. I confronted my husband who swore to me that he was not unfaithful and I know it wasn't from me bc my last partner other than my husband was 8 years ago. Now back in Sep. Of 08 up until June of 09 was during pregnancy and was tested periodically an always came back negative. My husband just had his annual test in march right before I found out my results, he tested negative for all stds and showed me the results. He was tested on the 29th of April the day after I was told the news, and when test results came back he was negative again. So therefore I thought my result was a mistake at the lab. So I was tested again, this time with a urine test instead of a swab... It came back positive again! Now my question is how is that possible for my husband to be negative both times if we engage in alot of unprotected sex, not to mention we were intimate the night before he was tested the second time. He also went as far as getting his prescription history list, and his med recs. which is military med recs so he only goes to military facilities so everything is in the comps. even if he is stationed away from home. He did this to show me that he has not been medicated behind my back. Please help we are Soooo confused!!
Well I don't think there is going to be an answer. 1 false positive is possible, 2 while possible is very unlikely. But based on your statement that you have not been with anyone else in 8 years and your husband saying nor has he I think a 2nd false positive is the only good choice. Chlamydia is not passed everytime during sex, so if you do have it it does not mean husband would get it.

I do have to throw this out there, it is possible that husband was with someone else and took medication without knowledge of military to cure himself.
I feel your pain.  I've been with my husband for almost 20 years.  Back in 2004 he went to the doctor because he had issues with his parts.  His doctor told him he probably had chlamydia and gonnorhea, and he prescribed meds for him.  This angered me because there would be no way to contract STDs unless we had fooled around.  I called my doctor and asked him what to do.  He had me come in and get screened.  He also removed my IUD which they put in 8 weeks earlier.  Note that before the IUD could be placed, they did routine STD screening all of which came back negative.  I hadn't been feeling well since the IUD was placed.  I figured I had a UTI since I seem to get those all the time.  They removed the IUD, did the testing, and I came back POSITIVE for chlamydia only.  I was devastated.  My husband's test results came back NEGATIVE.  That makes ME look like a guilty party.  I have ALWAYS been faithful to my husband.  He swears he has always been faithful to me.  And maybe I'm a fool, but I believe him.

We went through hell on this issue.  There was a lot of talking, crying, praying, yelling, etc.  We even went to a couselor trying to figure things out.  (That didn't do us much good.  We both felt we were further ahead on our own.  It's quite possible that we just didn't have the right couselor.)

So here we are, another kid (we have 4 now) and 7 years later.  I would say that while it was the worst part of our marriage, it was a great way to learn how to talk and really listen to each other.  I would go so far as to say that our love was stronger.  But have we figured anything out about how this happened to us?  No.  Does it still haunt us?  Yes.  And when we start to doubt each other, the emotional pain is almost unbearable.

If you and your husband truly love each other, please take the time to work through this.  Counseling is waaaaay cheaper than divorce.  In the meantime, if you find out any other way this could have happened, please let me know.
Thank you both for your advice!! Back in Nov. of 2010 I got impetigo in my groin area from shaving and me and my husband being intimate the friction caused it... During my research I found that staphylococcus aureus can cause a false positive for chlymydia, and after I had that is when my symptoms started!! Don't know if the two have anything to do with one another, but I think this disease needs more research bc, too many people have too many questions unanswered!! Also just went to the Docs office again bc I'm having abdominal and back pain, and still urinating alot... They said my urine was fine and looked great and did an exam on me and think I possibly have an ovarian cysts, it's just so funny how this other stuff shows up while I supposedly had chlamydia! I also think for my husband not to have gotten it as many times as we had unprotected sex is just mind boggling to me... I feel like I have something else going on here that is making me test positive for chlamydia... It's just ridiculous how everyone contradicts themselves saying " All it takes is one time to have unprotected sex with someone who is infected and you get it" but then they also say "well it's possible that they can have sex with you and not get it" come on really!!!??? We both are fed up with the unclear answers we are getting, and yes I completely understand when you say you have cried, screamed, yelled, prayed and all of the above... Bc we have done it too!!! We are doing are best to work through this and thank God we have a strong relationship, and love each other like crazy!! We are just soooo angered that we don't know where this is coming from..... Sorry this was all over the place I was just typing as the thought entered my mind:)
I think chlamydia needs more research, too.  I feel like nobody takes us seriously that we weren't screwing around, so it's easy for them to say "There is only one way!" and then it basically destroys lives!

As far as your writing style, I think it's gets your frustration with everything across.

Best of luck to you guys!!!!
Your story is so similar to mine. I just got the result of my Pap smear and i was told that I am positive to chlamydia. I request to be tested again in the same office. And after two days I went to another doctor and asked to be retested by her too. I'm still eating for the results of the two last tests and I am just hoping that it will be negative. I refuse to take the antibiotics until I get an answer about the two last tests. I am 100% sure about my husband not cheating on me and I never cheated on him either, we have been married for 15 years and we have two kids. I'm going crazy, since I was told that I have it, I don't eat, don't sleep and can't even focus at work.
Thank you for any replies
Some people are just carriers and their partners may never get ir... i was tolx this
You were told wrong
Start your own thread
This has happen to me to, I've tested positive for chlamydia three times and my husband has tested negative all the time. I understand you completely, your situation is my situation. The doctors can never give us a straight answer and it's always the run around with any answers. The doctors I went to look at me as if I'm a fool for believing my husband when he denies ever being unfaithful. Yet when he is being tested, I'm in the room with him and his doctor calls me with the results. The doctor now has many question about this chlamydia mystery because that is exactly what it is a DAMN MYSTERY. They most definitely need to do more research behind this. Hell this situation almost destroyed my marriage......it just so damn strange because if you google this situation on other threads, you will see our situation being retold over and over and over again.
I just got the results of the second test (culture) and It came out negative. I changed doctor and requested that the test be done in a different lab than the first where it came out positive. I have read somewhere that when they do Pap smear and there is a little of blood mixed up in that culture the Chlamydia comes out positive. And of course doctors don't tell you this, in my case she gave me Antibiotics and wanted to send me home. If you just know how much money the pharmacist make with the one dose of Antibiotics. It's $50 a package, imagine how many people get tested and it comes out False positive and the doc prescribed Antibiotics just in case...
My advice is, if you are sure about your husband not cheating on you and you are sure about yourself too, redo the test in a different lab with a different doctor.
I just had the same thing happen to me a few weeks back... I went in for my first trimester screening and came back testing positive for chlamydia! I was mortified and snapped on my boyfriend because I hadn't had another sexual partner in almost two years!
We were together for a while but had a horrible breakup, resulting in me moving over 600 miles away. During those 8 months that we were separated, he slept with 4 different girls (one of them being my old roommate, who I know sleeps around constantly)... I got tested while I was away multiple times because there were free screenings offered, and I always came back negative.
I come home and get back with him, and suddenly I'm positive! He claims that none of the other girls had it, so he's pointing the finger at me, and I'm mortified! He was a cheater in the past and he slept around constantly with these girls. There's just no way that I could've gotten it from anyone else because I never slept with anybody else other than him!
I have been over 6 years with the same wonderful man... I went in for a routine exam and about a week later a biopsy on a 'cervical polyp' a few days later, I have itching etc. the whole nine yards... then have such violent pain I go to the ER... they test me... I test positive for CT... I blow up at my husband, I insist he get tested... and that I get tested a second time, just in case it was a false positive... He comes up negative... I suspect contamination at the doctor's office... Of course... they deny that is even possible.  So, if that is true... How could I have been with my partner for over 6 years and he never got it? and I never showed any sign of it till just after the doctor's?  I have been given multiple explanations that have changed 100% with each question... First I ask, could I have gotten this in the doctor's office? Emphatic no and a bunch of no way you could have gotten it any other way than from him... one of us MUST be lying  Then I ask can I have had this for over 6 years and not know it?  No... one of us is lying  Then I ask, If I have it would he have it?  Yes... Then he comes up negative  So I ask Is it possible I could have had it all this 6 years and he not get it? Yes  HUH???

One minute it's all impossible, next not so much.  Articles on the Net claim cross contamination happens... yet I am told an absolute No it didn't happen there.... they have just as much reason to lie as my husband would... yet he wasn't lying... so I am left with the Dr.s office is lying to cover their sorry butts and heaping this stuff on us instead and creating scenarios over and over again which they said were impossible up an until my hubby came back negative.  

I would like to get to the bottom of this... It has taken a nasty toll on me, as I am already in the middle of being treated for moderate depression before all this... obviously... this didn't help in that department. This was pure hell for the couple of days waiting for my husband's results, not just for me, but he was overcome with grief in that I wouldn't believe him and I was swearing I was leaving.  But I was going off the idea all these other scenarios were 'absolutely impossible... one of the two of you are lying' the doctors kept pushing on me.

I also show no signs of PID, shouldn't I have had that by now? or some kind of damage from long term exposure to this?  One minute it was yes and then when it came back to what was the doctor's offices role, It was, it is possible you could have had this for all these years and nothing happened at all.

I am tired of the changing explanations that started with 'you are lying' or 'that's impossible' to 'well it doesn't HAVE to react that way' and 'well, it is possible'... which is it??? It is either 'impossible' or not!!!  If it's not impossible... It all points straight back to my Doctor covering his entire medical services own butt.  If it is 'possible' to have gotten it at my exam or biopsy, then the most likely place it happened is there, isn't it?  Because it is less likely I have been carrying this around for the last decade + and all previous doctors never found it and my hubby never caught it.  Which scenario makes more sense??? No symptoms all this time until a few days after my procedure? or I have been a carrier all along and all the exposure my husband has gotten and nothing and I haven't any damage from having it all these years???

Unless someone can come up with some better answers and explanations than the ones I have, so far, gotten... all signs, for me, point to my doctor's office.

This exact thing is happening to me right now. If you get this comment please reply. I would really like to know how you dealt with this and what your outcomes were. I went for a routine gyn exam and tested positive for chlamydia, my partner tested negative. I have been with him for 4 years and I have not been with anyone else.
Same for me!!!! Following. I took 2 at home tests and came back negative, waiting on my retest and husband's test. It's happened to me before with a yeast infection and I got a bogus positive.
I tested positive for several bacteria infections including gram positive cocci 10,000-50,000, citrobactor >100,000, and Klebsiella pneumonia spp >100,000 in my urine which then lead me to get tested for STD's. Tested positive for chlamydia. Husband tests negative but did admit he cheated on me 2 years ago. Thing is I didn't start having any symptoms until I took antibiotics for the urine bacteria that's why I went to gyn after that. But I also made a visit to another state right before my symptoms started. So I've got 3 possible scenarios...1- chlamydia coming back false positive because they are being misread by the lab. 2-someone in the other state drugged me and did something to me (hell I hope not I only had coffee at family's house). 3-the antibiotics were spiked with chlamydia lol if that's even possible. I give up thinking about it and going to see an infection disease doctor since that is where I am going to get the most accurate answer. Plus I actually got sicker after taking the antibiotics from urine infection and now have a fever. Spoke to my Gyn and she said husband may test negative because they only did urine test and she said they need to do the swab and shove it up in there pretty good to get a good result...poor guy lol!
I am going through this right now. I have felt like **** since this all went down. My doctor accused me of lying and said i need to rethink my life. I have  know her for 16 years and now that realtionship is gone. How did you get past all this. I cry myself to sleep every night. I just want the whole nightmare to stop. It has been a rough 2 weeks. I would like to move on and not relive it. Really that is the best thing to do mentally. Thanks for hearing me out.
i have been having thrush problem, reason doc said could cause and easily appear by my previously having chlamydia ( few years ago ). My husband in a way admitted of having oral sex with another woman which he said once.

When he admit this act, he basically said he didnt sleep with  this woman, only as far as oral.
few doc i went said, we get chlamydia only by having sex ( not oral ).
Husband swear to me that he never sleep with this woman, i am so confused. medical expert say same things but husband denied everything. I forgave my husband when i found out but it is hard to forget and to trust him again. Especially i have been getting thrush again and again.
Hi. Anyone experiencing this I have some information. But it is only relevant if you knowingly had and were treated for chlamydia at any point in your past.
Chlamydia can live in the GI tract after we rid ourselves in the reproductive tract.   Scary new information.  Increase risks are self contamination and anal sex.

As a Military Soldier of 17 years this is actually very common practice between Soldiers and their spouses upon returning from exercises, tours or training. Medical examination for STDs are not common practice and are ONLY done when asked. In the event of sleeping around, Soldiers will go to a totally private clinic to get tested external from the Military and it's records. If tested positive they are given the pills and usually it clears up within a few days and then the Soldiers go to a Military Medical facility to confirm its gone, which is what your husband did the "first time". They would have given him extra tablets to continue treatment incase he felt symptoms were not going away, and could well have used them prior to going for another test on base the night before. You see, you have just been sucked into a very well played Military game we have all had to play many times, it will never change if he has done it once, he loves the thrill of it, it makes him feel more than a man, he is just a womanizer like myself and others, not all but a lot, that prefer to travel and see the world and explore the sexual beauty of the nation's around.
my name is carol and I live in USA, My life is back again... After 5years of Broken marriage, my husband left me with kids .I felt like my life was about to end and I almost committed suicide, I was emotionally down for a very long time.Thanks to a spell caster called dr. ovia, which I meet online, On one faithful day, as I was browsing through the internet and I came across a lot of testimonies about this particular spell caster.Some people testified that he brought their Ex boyfriend back, some testified that he restores Womb,Cure Cancer and Herpes Virus and HIV Cure,diabitis hepatitis b, and other sickness, some testified that he can cast a spell to stop divorce and so on. I also come across one particular testimony and it was about a woman called jinni, she testified about how he brought back her Ex lover in less than 2 days and at the end of her testimony she dropped Dr. ovia email address which is, ***@**** After reading all these,I decided to give it a try and I contacted him through his via email and explained my problem to him. In just 48 hours, my husband came back to me, and we solved our issues, we are even happier than before Dr. ovia is really a gifted man and I will not stop testifying him because he is a wonderful man and so powerful, If you have a problem and you are looking for a real and genuine spell caster to solve all your problems. contact him on this email: ***@**** or call him +2348135858735
GOODLUCK......
Im having the same problem.. I've been with my boyfriend for a year and I've gotten gonorrhea twice but he comes out negative.. idk how this is possible.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.