Chlamydia Community

How long does it take for Chlamydia to be officially be cured?

Hello all,
This post is going to be rather long so please bare with me.  When I went in for a routine pelvic exam, I tested positive for Chlamydia. I immediately received treatment, and informed my partner that he needed to be tested and treated as soon as I was able to, which was 5 days after. Of course he wanted to have sex (even after I told him the news) and I finally agreed, but only with a condom on.  He then got treatment the following day. We were informed by our health clinic to abstain from having sex at least 7 days after receiving treatment, but of course like the absolute idiots we are, we didn't.  Because I am the big idiot that I am, I had to receive a second round of antibiotics which meant him and I both took them the same day following intercourse with protection. Not sure what our issue with being celibate for 7 days is exactly, but we had sex this past Tuesday with protection, but only a day after taking the antibiotics. I felt a little bit of discomfort when urinating afterwards, but assumed it was due to having sex. Just this morning, he prompted me to have sex again, and we did with protection, but afterwards he continued to try to have sex this time without a condom. I don't need anyone to tell me how idiotic it was to allow him to have sex with me without a condom, but I can't change what happened now. After having sex a second time, unprotected, this morning I had the most excruciating pain while urinating. I wanted to cry it hurt that bad. My partner has also experienced some discomfort while urinating after having sex this morning. I guess what I would like is some guidance, answers, suggestions, possible diagnosis? I am currently assuming the worst that him and I have indeed re-infected ourselves, but just wanted to throw my predicament out there for some outside opinions.

I know that no one will judge me, and honestly you don't have to because I am angrier with myself than anyone else could ever be right now.
Well it is just a bit silly. I take it the two of you are monogamous?

I suspect there is another UTI at play here, chlamydia will not cause urinary issues more often than not for females.

It is good practice to have a proof of cure test, so back you both go from 7 days after treatment.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.