How long does it take for azithromycin 500mg to work?

I took two 500mg tablets this morning for chlamidya. How long will it take for it to start working and I am completely cured? Also, I tested positive for chlamidya back in June and I took a azithromycin 250mg packet for it. Is it possible that I was never fully treated?  
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Sorry my mistake. I meant azithromycin 1000mg powder packet not 250mg.
Helpful - 0
It typically takes a day or 2 for the medication to start working. It's possible that it was never fully treated, more likely it was a reinfection.
Helpful - 0
Please keep all questions to 1 thread, don't keep starting new threads it's difficult to follow the full picture.
Helpful - 0
Sorry about that. I'm just really worried and curious because it's something new to me. I also been experiencing some cramp like pains and be leaking a clear discharge. Is that something that needs to be checked out?
Helpful - 0
Yes it should be. Anything abnormal should be seen by a Dr.
Helpful - 0
It's been a week since I've taken my medicine for the chlamydia. Today I noticed that I started leaking a brown discharge. It also smells kinda funny like really strong pee. Is that normal?
Helpful - 0
Idk if this is related to it but I was supposed to start my period last week and it still hasn't come
Helpful - 0
This might be from your period then.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Chlamydia Community

Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.