Once diagnosed with Chlamydia, then treated with antibiotics, does it ever come back?

I recently went to the gynecologist for my yearly checkup and I got test results back in and I was tested positive for Chlamydia. When I went to confront my boyfriend of 4 years about it, he admitted that he had Chlamydia years ago, and the doctor gave him antibiotics to get it treated. And that he was embarrassed that's why he didn't tell me. And that he thought it went away for good after it was treated with antibiotics. But once its treated, does it ever come back? Should I be worried that he cheated on me? I never had a sexual intercourse with anyone else. I went to the gynecologist last year, and nothing came up. Why is it coming up positive now and not a year ago?
If you have not medicated then retest and have your bf test. If he had chlamydia from over 4 yrs ago and got it treated then it would not come back. Only way to get chlamydia is from sex, so if he is positive via test and you retest positive then someone went outside of the relationship.

I have seen a high number of false positives resulting from yearly OBGYN visits due to the testing that they use. So this could be a false positive.
how do i know if it was a false positive?

i've been medicated. the doctor put me on alzorithan or something like that.

my boyfriend went to get his check up today and to get tested. just waiting on test results now.
Well if bf tests negative then you probably had a false positive. But since you were medicated you will never know if you had a false positive or not 100%. But like I said if bf is negative then highly likely you had a false positive.
My boyfriend went to the doctor and they said he had an uti caused by e coli. And he wasn't tested positive for any STD's?! I'm so confused. I want to get down to the point.. He's taking dyoxocylin which can also treat chlamydia.

You are reading content posted in the Chlamydia Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.