Chlamydia Community

Persistent Chlamydia

I've was being treated for chlamydia for about a month I had some burning while urinating and some discharge. I didn't respond to azithromicin after 2 treatments it still came back positive for chlamydia. I was then treated with a week of doxycycline then a shot of rosefrin. Things seem to have went away my penis feels more normal now than when I was sick. My last test came back negative and like I said things seem to be back to normal. I still check for discharge all the time but there's none really, except sometime a small amount will come out like the size of a pen. Not all the time either. Should I got back and get tested?
Don't think you need retesting. Is there any color to the discharge?
Thanks for getting back to me. No it's clear 99 percent of the time, one morning it was white. But this is only by me liken a sense "squeezing" it out, and minuscule amounts. And, like I mentioned, sometimes nothing comes out. Sometimes a little moisture sometimes a small amount like the tip of a pen,more often nothing. But only by me squeezing never on it's own like when I was testing positive for Chlamydia. I'm fine with not having sex but it's getting tough now haha. I haven't since I first tested positive, I'm hoping it wasn't a false negative but it really feels pretty normal now I remember when I was testing positive my privates just felt different, some itching, slight burning and discharge and now none of that is there, except the tiny bit of discharge when I squeeze it out which I'm not sure is normal or not. I did test negative though. I'm just a little confused and worried it might be something different now. I should add I don't have any pain or symptoms I just feel like I shouldn't have that discharge every once in a while.  
Well if you have to squeeze or milk it out it is not considered "discharge" because discharge will come out on it's own.
Ah I see, maybe I'll just wait a week or so cuz like I said it hasn't come out on its own for a couple weeks now, even before I tested negative. I'm totally going to protect myself now I just can't see myself using protection during oral sex which is why I was a little worried about this. None the less I truly appreciate your replies. I'll probably get tested in a week just to be sure.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.