Rectal Chlamydia

I recently received a positive rectal chlamydia result and was given antibiotics.  I am a gay male and all my other tests came back negative including the chlamydia urine test.  I always have protected anal sex and have never had anal sex without a condom, but have had  unprotected oral sex.  The condoms never slipped and there was never any breakage. How did a receive a test positive for rectal chlamydia and a negative urine Chlamydia test?
Try not to think about it too much. Chlamydia is quite infectious hence semen getting close to the area will have a reasonable chance of infecting you. Broken condom? Rubbing semen inside you accidently? Unprotected analingus? Who knows.

Take you treatment and test regularly if having multiple partners.

You are reading content posted in the Chlamydia Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.