Chlamydia Community

Repeat UTI

I understand the symptoms of gonorrhea and Chlamydia, but I told my SO I was clean, and she told me she was. However, she has recently (since we have been dating) had several (UTI's). This does not seem correct to me. I used to be a combat medic and I have studied a bit of medicine and something does not seem right. I want to be trusting and love her but a repeat infection can only mean a couple of things...either it is an STD that keeps showing its face, or her infection has become resistant to her antibiotics...I have been tested. I am clean. SHE SAYS she is clean...I know people can lie, but I have never met anyone with a recurrent UTI who uses antibiotics that don't work. What I mean to say is I am concerned for my own health...should I ask her to check herself? If we both are positive can I sue her? ( I am also a law student, but don't want to sue someone I love). I have no symptoms yet (just to let you know) but she has had a few UTI's since we have been dating (2 weeks). As a former medicine nerd...something is not right...Please help me.
Sue for what? You made the choice to have unprotected sex with her. Doesn't matter what she said to you, you can't sue for anything.
She needs to see a Dr. You don't have a STD based on testing but can't really speak on her just based on repeat UTI's.
Yes, repeated UTIs can occur in sexually active women. Google Honeymoon cystitis to learn more. Her gynecologist can certainly help.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.