Chlamydia Community

Sex day after Z-Pak, condom broke, reinfected?

So I'm an idiot. Got drunk the night after being prescribed Z-Pak because the clinic prefers to overtreat and said it looked like I "might" have something. The condom broke.

Wondering A) if the Z-pak would prevent me from getting any new infection from this partner, even though I took it 36 hours before and B) what are the chances I infected the partner with anything?

When we turned on the lights, it turned out she was bleeding so that freaked me out too.

Please help!
the z-pak was 1 gram at once
Answered in the STD forum.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.