Treated, retested (negative), still have Chlamydia symptoms?

I am a male and was diagnosed with Chlamydia a month ago and that same day, I took 1g of Zithromax (I took another 1g of it the next day, for good measure). My symptoms began to subside day by day (burning during urination primarily). 3 weeks after the treatment I got retested and it came back negative for everything. However, this past week I still feel like something's not right. My testicles feel a bit tender and I also see some small particles in my urine sometimes. What I'm experiencing is pretty common I would imagine. Does anyone know what this could be? If I don't have chlamydia (or any other STD's), but still have symptoms, how do I get rid of the symptoms? Thanks! (P.S. I did not have sex until a week and a half after being treated, at which point it was with a condom. My partner got treated at the same time as me.)
Best Answer
Well if you thinking about epididymis, then talk to you doctor about that.

But i think the pain would be worse then what you describe it.
Its probably in your head.  

Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
what ARE the symptoms?
Helpful - 0
When I was diagnosed with it: pretty severe burning during urination and pain when not urinating. At this time I did not have sore testicles.

Now: Primarily sore/ tender testicles (also a little tenderness from time to time in various places of my urethra, really only like 1% of the pain I had weeks ago but again it still is not quite back to normal). Again, the sore testicles are my primary concern as I don't think I should be experiencing that when I've tested negative for STD's (and retested negative for Chlamydia). The best way I can describe it as a dull, consistent uncomfortable/ tender feeling. No shooting pains or anything.

I am not sure if chlamydia causes lasting pain after it has been cured or not. Again, it's been a month so I don't know if this will get better on it's own or if something is lingering that needs attention. Any input on this would be appreciated!
Helpful - 0
My doctor examined my testicles briefly but said everything seemed ok. The reassuring part is that the pain/ discomfort is not severe, however, it definitely is not in my head. It's a feeling I've never felt before, I just hope it's something that will go away on it's own. If not, I'll get a second opinion and hopefully be given a 2 week antibiotic course as a precaution if it's even remotely possible I have epididymitis. I don't want to have something left undiagnosed, especially in that region!

Thanks JessyJames for mentioning epididymis, as I had not heard of that before.

If anyone else has any feedback, or would like to share any similar personal experiences I'd appreciate it.
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the thanks,

I think you know this but I meant to type EPIDIDYMITIS.   Not epididymis
Helpful - 0
Yeah, I looked up what the difference was, got it now thanks. =)

Been going back and forth between my doctor and the STD clinic, today went to the latter. They gave me Doxycycline 100mg 14 tablets (take one in the morning and one in the evening) so it's 7 days. From what I've researched online I thought Doxycycline is meant to be taken for more than 7 days, but maybe that's if it's one a day. Anyway, I'll give this a go and just hope that it helps the epididymitis go away.

As a side note, both my doctor and the STD clinic noticed no abnormalities when doing the physical exam, but the area behind my testicles is still sore and tender.

Thanks again Jessy for your help and feedback!
Helpful - 0
Wow I am experiencing the Same exact thing. The doctor prescribed me the doxycycline to take  for 2 weeks for which I am still in the process of taking know. I still don't know wat the exact problem is but I would like to know wat the end result was with you and did you ever find out what the problem was?
Helpful - 0
I'm experiencing the same symptoms but have not had a follow up appointment, how did this issue resolve?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Chlamydia Community

Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.