Chlamydia Community

Unaware of chlamydia infection? worried?

I found out i have chlamydia but was unaware of it for possibly almost a year because i didn't get tested until recently. The whole time i was unaware of it the weather was very hot sometimes and my child would just be waering a diaper around the house and im worried if the chlamydia can be transmitted if im wearing shorts on a hot day and my child is in just a diaper, sitting on my lap? Or if were laying down next to each other? there is nothing sexual about this, Im just wondering if it can be spread this way . What about tasting food before feeding it to my child to make sure it's not too hot? or sharing a drinking glass? Furthermore, what if I or my husband may have forgotten to wash our hands after sex and we go to change a diaper because my child woke up? I am super worried and could use some advice. thanks
Chlamydia is a STD, only method of transmission is via sex. You are not going to give it to your child from daily activities.

Has your husband tested?
Yes, and it was negative so im very confused cause i haven't cheated. Is there a window period for chlamydia test before they are no longer positive? What i mean is, say if you've had it for over 2 years without knowing ; could it no longer show up in a test? Or will it always be positive as long as you have it in your body?
Well if husband is negative then you might have had a false positive. You should retest if you have not medicated.
If he had it over 2 years should  it have still shown up on a test ?
or does it disappear from the body after a certain amount of time?
Wouldn't it make more sense if the husband had a false negative?
Will the antiobitcs hurt you if you took them but you had a false-positive so you didn't really have an infection?
For a man to have chlamydia for over 2 years is rare. It is possible that the body could cure it's self, but if person had an active infection it would show on a test.

No the antibiotics should not hurt if the person really doesn't have it.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.