Urgent! Advice needed

I was just diagnosed with chlamydia. I've only had one partner ever, we have been together for 2 yrs and sexually active for a year and a half.  When we first started having sex every thing was fine for about a month but then I started experiencing extreme pain during it (to the point of tears). I told my gyno about the problems I was having and that it was not from lack of lubrication. She dismissed it as normal for some one new to sex. And sent me on my way no test or anything.  A year and a half later I've been diagnosed with chlamydia. (Neither my partner or I had any symptoms aside from the pain which went away after 2 weeks without sex.)  I looked it up and painful intercourse is a symptom of it. I'm concerned by the fact she did not think to test me as I was new to sex and that extreme pain is a symptom for many problems. I don't what to do and need some advice. Dr.s would you have done any type of test for your client?  
I know it was chlamydia. I'm concerned that the dr did not test when it was n early stages and now it could have become worse. And it's being treated but was the dr wrong for not testing when I asked her before
I have already taken an antibiotic for it. It was single dose. I go to have it checked n two weeks to see if its gone.
Each Dr approaches each patient different. With no other symptoms then some pain during intercourse I don't think most Dr's would think chlamydia. It might have been a good idea to have tested, but like I said with just some pain and nothing else, that does not point to chlamydia for someone who just started to have sex.

You are reading content posted in the Chlamydia Community

Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.