Chlamydia Community

Uti confusion with chlamydia

I have been diagnosed with a UTI 3 times in the last year. Antibiotics relieved the symptoms, yet they've cont to return. My recent PAP came back positive for Chlamydia. I am wondering if I could have had the Chlamydia over the last year and just been misdiagnosed? They never suggested an STD screening when seen for the UTI. Could the Antibiotic have masked the Chlamydia symptoms?
Some UTI symptoms can also be chlamydia symptoms. If any medication given got rid of symptoms (if related to chlamydia) then they would come back very shortly after medication was finished. You could also have gotten a false positive from the pap test.

Can't really say when you got chlamydia or if you have/had it. If you have not medicated you can retest.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.