Chlamydia Community

Why can't I cure Chlamydia?

Hello (sorry if this is too long),

I'm an 18 year old male. I was diagnosed with rectal chlamydia two and a half months ago (symptoms included: diarrhea and abdominal pain), I took a single doze of zithromax the day I was diagnosed but a month later I was still feeling sick and tested positive again, I took another doze of zithromax (two pills) the final week of October (two weeks ago) and I'm still feeling the same symptoms with the same intensity.

I'm supposed to go get tested again in around two weeks, and I'm sure I'll test positive again, what could be the reason why I can't cure my chlamydia? I haven't had had sex since I tested positive. One theory that I have is: that I drank alcohol 5 days after the second doze, maybe the alcohol got rid of the drug before it could heal me? That still wouldn't explain why it didn't work the first time.

I'm also worried about the fact that the foreskin of my penis started getting red/itchy after the first month, is this a normal symptom for chlamydia? I haven't had discharge or anything.. My doctor told me "not to worry about it" because rectal chalmydia can't affect the penis, is this true? If that's the case what could be wrong with my penis? (doctors just tell me that it's "nothing" and that "it'll go away on it's own" but it's been a month now).

I was told I'd be healed within a week after the first doze of zithromax but it's been almost three months now and after two dozes I haven't done any improvement, I'm really scared and worried... What could be the cause and what can I do?... Thank you for your time!
Oh and I'm sorry if I spelled/explained anything wrong (english is not my main language)
Your Dr is right it will have no effect on the penis. What it can be is a side effect from the medication.

You might want to have your Dr give you a different medication.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.