Chlamydia Community

Why has my chlamidya not gone??

So 6 weeks ago I tested positive for chlamidya infection, I took the azithromycin 4 tablets, abstained from sex and my boyfriend did the same...
Yet here i am 6 weeks later and i've just retested positive again??!
I'm really upset and worried about why the treatment didn't work for me the first time.

Any words of advice or an explaination would be much appreciated!
It seems like it did not work, might need a longer dose or something else.
It is recommended not to retest until 3 months after a positive result. The test may be just picking up dead chlamydia cells
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.