but

do you think that person should get checked out ??
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
In your situation, I wouldn't get checked out.  There's no reason to.

Also, to respond in a thread, just scroll down and type your response in the big white box.  Then hit the green "post comment" button.  That way we can keep all your answers in one place.  :)

Aj
Helpful - 0
oh ok thank you but i have heard that you can pass it on from your mouth through oral sex
Helpful - 0
Many experts say that its not possible to get it orally.  At best, we can say if it does, its very very rare.

Aj
Helpful - 0
so that even if its rare it could be possible and iv just sprung up a deadly sore throat and cold
Helpful - 0
Its rare enough that it wouldn't be near the top of the possible causes of your sore throat - it wouldn't even make the top 10 list.

You need to go to the doctor and get checked.  Honestly, strep throat, allergies, etc., are just so much more likely to be the cause of your sore throat, and worrying about something that MIGHT cause it but most likely hasn't is not a good thing.  You need to get it checked.

Aj
Helpful - 0
but onistly tho you have changed your mind the moment i started going on about a cold and sore throat your saying i should go to the doctor so whats it to be the doctor or not,the reson im reali worred as well is im only 17  

thank you for all you help by the way

many thanks
Helpful - 0
I never changed my mind.  I said it was rare from the start.

You have a severely sore throat - you used the word "deadly" - why wouldn't you see a doctor for that?

Aj
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Chlamydia Community

Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.