does Chlamydia heal on its own?

I was tested for this the other day when I was getting tested for HSV and my results came back as followed:

C.TRACHOMATIS IGG <1:64
C.TRACHOMATIS IGA <1:16
C.TRACHOMATIS IGM <1:10

Now I know that it is not detected at this point as that is what my doctor told me but he also told me that by the IGG numbers that I had it at some point but must have been treated for it.

This can't be possible as I have not ever been treated for it. so I was wondering can Chlamydia heal on it's own. i'm in a realationship now and not sure if I should have him get tested for this to make sure I didn't give it to him. Please explain...

One more thing my doc. said that I also had C. PNEUMONIAE which was from bronchitis could this have any affect on the results above
LOL you're right there!!! I don't mind having a shorter period.

I hope its one of those two.... what is group b strep... in my woo hoo??

Thank you
LOL yes in your woo hoo.  Its just another lovely infection women can get.

No one really knows how it gets there.  When I had it, I asked about that, and the nurse said, "well it is one of those things that is all around us..." and started sort of mumbling, clearly not knowing how to answer.  I said, "Oh great, so its in the air and it just sort of flew right into my vagina?" and she laughed and admitted she didn't really know.

Aj
LOL thank you for the info.

I guess some things aren't meant to be known, as long as they can cure it I'll be happy =)
I'll let you know what the results are for everything.

Thank you, Once more have a Great Thanks Giving =)
Hey I hope you had a wonderful thanks giving!!!

Just wanted to let you know thy didn't find any thing except an abnormal amount of the normal discharge, she told me to eat differently for a lil bit to try and balance my body out. but no yeast nor BV, she sent the swab away for my woo hoo strep B.
In my urine my White blood cells were normal and everything else except I had dry blood or something breaking apart from my kidneys or something (there was terminalogy but don't remember)??? she told me to come back and it should be normal again. I don't remember what she called it though.

She also doubts that I have chlamydia still but I will return in a few weeks when I go to get my urine tested again I'll get another swab. The itchiing seems to have settled so i'm wondering if it was just the BV linguring a lil bit or something.

Thanks for all your help I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!! I'll drop a line here and there, i'll let you know how my strep B turns out.
Oh good - so far, so good.  :)

My turkey day was nice, and I hope yours was too.

Aj
thank you I did have a nice turkey day!!
Okay I am beginning to hate my v*****, I have this burning... enough to annoy me =(
I have a GYN appt. tomorrow just for a check up, but i don't know what to do with the burning. I have had sex twice, thinking we were fine but now I am skeptical and affraid.

I still can't get retested as it is under a month. I'm afraid it was not fully cleared
Should I ask for the meds (just in case)?

What do you think?
It is like an irritating burning sensation, tingles a lil.
Sorry one more thing, yesterday I was not able to pee and held that in for almost 5 hours =/
I started later that night, could that be part of it?

I am looking forward to the day i don't have to deal with this any more
Oh I'm sorry.  First, you shouldn't hold pee that long.  I know sometimes it seems as if you can't get to a bathroom, but unless you are being held captive, you should find a way to go.  Even bosses and teachers pee, so I'd hope they'd understand lol.

That said, I don't know that holding your pee is causing this.  I think its a good idea to get checked.  When you go, ask your doctor about inflammation from the infections, or possibly vulvodynia.

Aj
Thank you!! I will ask about those things. I looked up vulvodynia and that sounds like it could be a cause... but there is no real treatment

Do you still doubt that it is chlamydia again?
Do you think I should get another dose of the meds just in case?

I think you need to be careful with the meds - too many antibiotics can cause yeast, and then you have yet another infection that needs to be treated, and now you are back at the beginning of the cycle, ya know?

No, there are some treatments for vulvodynia, though they can take awhile sometimes.  There isn't any one treatment that works for everyone, but don't get ahead of yourself and worry about that quite yet.

Just see what the doc says.

Aj
Thank you for the info....

i went this morning, she seems to think I have a yeast infection.... how i got on in a fews beats me.
She wasn't to happy when I kept bringing up the info you provided me. Like when she wanted to test me again for Chlamydia and i told her it would be accurate she objected and said if i was still positive it would show up nd if i was neg. it would be neg.

So when i told her about what you told be she didn't like that.

but since i was having pelvic pain again she is sending me to radiology to see if there is anything going on.

i was curious does yeast cause burning?

Thank you
anyways just thought i'd update you . She didn't test me for nulnodynia though.
Yeast can cause burning, and there isn't really a test for vulvodynia - its more of a diagnosis made by ruling everything else out.

And I think a scan or whatever is a good idea, too.

And she doesn't have to like it, but she knows I'm right.  ;)

Aj
Thank you I will see if the meds help.

Yes, I'd like to make sure there is nothing wrong. I'm sure i will be fine though.

My BF was wondering if the chlamydia could stay in his prostate... He said something about meds not always working in the prostate.?

Does chlamydia even get in there?

So we wanted to ask you if that is possible or he has nothing to worry about.

Thank you!!
Its possible for it to get in there, but he'd be having symptoms if it was.  Its not something he needs to worry about unless he has symptoms.

Aj
Hey thanks!!...

The only symptom he had that could have been related would have been pains in his side.. sorta where we have pelvic pain except closer to the side of his body.

Would that have been a symptom.... i looked up symptoms of a prostate infection and it seems as if he would be in some real pain. (is that correct)

Also just wanted to ask; if by chance it did infect his prostate would the meds provided cleared it up?
And how long would he have had to had chlamydia before it would effect his prostate?

Thank you so very much!!
Ohhh lots of speculative questions.

Prostate problems wouldn't cause side pain, and might not cause great pain.  The only way for him to know is to see his doctor.

There is also no time frame for chlamydia to go into the prostate - happens differently for different men.

AJ
Thank you, yes a lot of speculative questions as I just want to make sure he doesn't still have it.
Can you tell me how often chlamydia gets in the prostate?

I told him the same, He wanted to know how would the doctor find out if it were in his prostate? He said when the ladies swabbed him for chamydia it bothered him down there, So he wanted to know how they would test his prostate.

Thank you!!
hope you had a good weekend

They can test his urine again - it would still show on a urine test, or even do a prostate exam and see if its inflamed.  

Did the swab cause pain in his rectum or testicles, or was it in the urethra?  You can expect some urethral discomfort with a swab.  

Aj
Okay I really need some help!!!!...

I went back to my doctor who diagnosed me with BV a couple of weeks ago for a follow up appt.

I had informed him that I had itching and burning and i went to my prim. doc who didn't see anything and then my ob who said it was yeast.

Heres the problem he said okay and did a check up any ways, he said that on one of my folds of skin it looked like I had genital warts....he said it was hard to tell that it was jagged and too small to really know!!!

He advised I see my ob for a second opion, he said it could have been missed by any one. I am so scared, I can't stop crying. Why is this happening. I thought i wouldn't have had to worry because I had two of the three shots. I actually set up my appt. with my ob for the third shot. (whats the point now)
I am waiting for her to call me back so i can talk to her but I need to know a few things.

you stated that genital warts can clear up on there own... is that right? or is that a different strain of hpv.

My doc said i would have to get a biopsy to know for sure if it warts... is there any other way to find out?

What do I do, I hate my self, I've only had sex with that one other person who has caused me so many problems. I know its my fault for not wearing protection but why. There are too many problems going on now.
Let me ask one more thing about HPV...

If it does clear up on its own, but I and my partner continue to have unprotected sex would we just keep giving it to one another and it would not fully clear up on its own?

I don't even know for sure I have thought about this for a while and decided not to panic until my ob takes a look and tells me what she thinks but i would like to know these things just incase he was right.

Thank you, sorry for the new problem, I thought i was close to being cured of my stds and it looks like I've found more...

i took a look at it when i got home and I just cant see how it could be hpv it just looks like a skin fold, I thought it was always there. but i guess I dont have a doctors eye.=(
OK let's hold on here.  First, you don't know that its hpv.  This could be many many things, and while hpv is one of them, you don't know that yet for sure.  Remember that the other doctors didn't even see it.

The only way to know is to biopsy it, and while its not fun, its a lot less painful than it sounds.  I'd do it, to know for sure.

All types of HPV will eventually clear on its own, but it can go away faster with treatment.  If they don't get it all with the biopsy, getting it frozen or burned off (again, not nearly as painful as it sounds lol), might be a good idea.

I think one of the issues here is that you are seeing 3 doctors.  That makes things very confusing, and I would stick with your GYN now.  

If you do have HPV, then this could be from your current partner, or a past partner.  You'll never be able to find out, so don't worry about that.  Yes, your current partner has already been exposed, but you have antibodies for it now, and therefore can't keep re-infecting each other.  

I'm sure right now you are discouraged, and I get that, but you need to find out for sure what you have, and go from there, ok?  

Hang in there,
Aj
Thank you!!, I just posted on the expert forum becuase i am freaking out. I could have just waited but now I am so pissed off that its not funny. Seriously every time i go to the docs its something new.

I will def. cut the other docs out and stay with one. I know i have been all over the place from one to another. I will get a biopsy and just find out what it is, as you have said that will be the best thing to do. i will try to calm down I feel like I've been hit by a bus though. I thought i was almost in the clear and here again another problem :''(

I hope it is nothing.

Thanks again for ALL the help you've given me!!
Oh I understand that feeling - I really do.  I'll be checking the expert forum and see how they reply as well.

Do something nice for yourself today, ok?  Take a hot bubble bath with a glass of wine, eat a really nice dinner, (or get bf to take you out lol), and don't forget the chocolate.  Just be kind to yourself, ok?

Aj

lol... all of those things sound great. I will do at least two of them. =) thanks again.... I'll keep you up dated!! I'm sure you knew that though
OK, so my pap came back with abnormalties.... this would be caused my genital warts right. I have an appt on the 8th to get a colon. and a scraping? Ouch, ewww?
Awww hon.  Yes that would be caused by HPV, but it probably means you have more than one strain, which is hugely common.

The colposcopy (not a colonoscopy, thank god) isn't painful at all.  Its just like a big telescope like thing that looks at your cervix.  They might even have a tv in there and you can see the whole thing, including your cervix  If that isn't fun, I don't know what is.  ;)

The scraping isn't bad either.  I'd take a couple of ibuprofen within an hour of getting it done, and you might just have some minor cramping.  Spotting after is common.

Aj

LOL that is a relief!! I was wondering why they would do that. I must have heard her wrong. Thanks I will take a few before I go, well if I get to see all that I'd say thats worth it... that will be the best day of myy life, lol
I'll let you know what it ends up being.
I've had both - the colpo and the colonoscopy.  Give me a colpo any day of the week and twice on Sundays.  

Keep me posted.

Aj
LOL I think I will take the colpo over the colono any day too. I hope I never have to get one of those =/
I don't think I would like it too much.

I will do so.
Oh you'll have to get them yearly when you get older, or sooner if you have something going on, but no need to worry about that.

I can tell you the prep part of it is far worse than the procedure, which you are asleep for.

But no worries about that, right?

Just relax, have a great holiday season, and follow up on this after the holidays.  :)

hey there.. Happy new year!! hope you had a great holiday!!

I was wondering a few things. I most of the day every day will have a slight burning feeling around the opening of my V... (this is also where I may have possible warts)
it does not burn or bother me to pee... it is just a discomfort feeling.
last night after intercourse I noticed light pinkish blood; this is after sex and when I went to the bath room. I've noticed this before but didn't think much of it. there is no pain during intercourse. My bf does not have any symptoms... non at all

I noticed that the blood is in the *** not sure if it was his or mine since he came in me... I asked my bf if he has any pain he said no. If the blood was in his semen... would he have pain; symptoms?; I just wanted to make sure that it wouldn't be in his semen.

I am also wondering if the burning (slight burning but all day; not when i go to the broom) and the bleeding

could this be chamydia stilll?
could this be from possible warts?

thank you!!
also I have my doc appt. on thurs. should I have her test for chlamydia again?
Aww I'm sorry things aren't improving.  Yes, I'd test for chlamydia again, and make sure to tell her what's going on.   Ask her about testing for bv, yeast, strep b, too.

Let me know.

Aj
well that would **** me off... we have both been treated for it twice...

I thought I still had it before and she just gave us both the meds, its been a month since then so I'll get test again but what are the chances that the second treatment didn't cure us?

he is 22, could it be in his prostate.. if so would he have symptoms by now it has been 7 months since the infection.
I read somewhere that chlamydia left untreated, about 45% of infected women without symptoms will clear the bacteria from their bodies......

I tested positive over 10yrs ago and did not have a full treatment course and I am not having any symptoms.....
Hey there again,

Just wanted to let you know I went and had the colpo done... Not that bad (like you said). I also got tested for chlamydia again and also trich, yeast and bv - the doc didn't see anything for those three. and I'll have to wait for the chlamydia test.

She said she doubts that it is chlamydia and she is not sure what the burning is from. She said if my test is neg. that she'll have to send me else where to figure out what the burning is. She said that they use a swab that test both chlamydia and gono... is that a good enough test to trust the results?

I asked the doc on the expert forum and he indicated that the treatment me and my bf got was a very good treatment and he indicated that it is very rare to get chlamydia in the prostate and doubts I have chlamydia still and something else maybe causing my symptoms... Guess I'll find out when the results return. hope it is neg. I can deal with anything as long as I no longer have chlamydia..=0)
She also sent away the visible warts but I don't know why if they were visible.

Thank you for being there and helping me with all of this!!
Send you off where?  Is this not a gyno?

I'm glad the colpo wasn't bad.  :)

Aj
she didn't say where, she just said that she would have to send me somewhere else... she is my obgyn.

When I asked for the test she didn't really seem like she wanted to test me and she made it seem like it was in my head. but I don't think I can imagine blood or burning. i actually tried not to think about it thinking it was in my head.... didn't work.

I guess I'll have to wait for the results is all =/
Aww waiting stinks.  :(
AJ

I just got a phone call from my obgyn... like I said I’m not worried about warts but she said that the results from whom ever she sends it to showed dysplsia--- not sure how to spell it.

She suggested another pap in 3 months or some sort of surgery which she said was not needed at this time... I was sorta in shock as I thought I only had warts now I may have a different strain. What does this mean; obviously my partner has it too but what does this mean for him as well.
I haven't gotten the other results as she indicated they haven't come back. I feel like a ping pong ball and I am going from one thing to another. I don't want to bother the doc any more as I know she is very eager to ensure every thing is fine and she doesn't take the time to really sympathize. Can you tell me what this means?
It doesn't mean much for him, really.  Rarely, it can develop into penile cancers, but that's very very rare.

And never hesitate to contact your doctor.  You pay her for these services, and I assure you she is well compensated.  ;)

Aj
good to hear I don't have to have another worry on my back. When she calls me back for my chlamydia results I'll have to ask her about it more. and if it turns out neg for chlamydia I'll have to find out what to do about this burning because it is annoying me like crazy. I noticed it seems to be worse when I drink coffe =/

Thank you for your help
Coffee can irritate the bladder and urethra, and maybe that's what is causing this feeling.

Aj
hmmm I didn't know that ? I wonder, I'll try not to drink any coffee for the next few days.... I don't know if I can as I am an coffee addict, LOL but we'll see.
Thank you
So it turns out that it was neg.!!! YEY!!!! but still lost at what is causing my problems, I'll have to work with my OBGYN to figure out what the problem is. But I'm just glad that I don't have to worry about Chlamydia any more!!!! yey =) Thank you sooooo much for all your help and I'll let you know (when I find out) what's causing my symptoms.

ttys
YAY!!!!

Keep in touch!

Aj
Hey there!!

I have so much irritation from this burning that I went and got a conformation urine test for chlamydia to make sure I didn't have a false neg. culture.

I havent gotten the results back yet but should get them today or tomorrow. I was wondering is a urine test just as reliable as a culture... I waited four hours before I gave my urine. but had some concerns, does it have to be processed in a certain manner to ensure correct results.

I am so irritated with this burning and I don't know what to do, it seems to be getting worse daily.
It is as reliable - some say more so.  Have you been back to check for bv, yeast, etc?

Oh and we should start a new thread - this one is hard to load.  :)

AJ