pelvic inflammatory disease

Im a 17 year old female and i have had chlamydia for three years and i have just had it treated and i wanted to know what the risk of me being infertile is?
You would not have chlamydia for 3 years without getting PID.  PID is what can cause infertility.  Not chlamydia.  If you didn't get PID, you should be fine.  If you did, then there really is no way to tell if you are infertile without an ultrasound to see if there is scarring in your fallopian tubes.  This would not be done unless you had a serious case of PID.

Fertility testing is expensive and not recommended unless you are unsuccessful at getting pregnant.
well i suspected i did ahve PID because i had the pelvic pain and the discharge and the pain during urination but the doctor seemed to dismiss it and said if i hadnt ended up in hospital i was doing quite well and shouldnt worry about it? if i have the medication to get rid of the chlamydia does that stop the PID? is there anything else i should do?
You can have pelvic pain and not have PID.  That is one of the symptoms of chlamydia.  I had chlamydia for 2 months and had pelvic pain, discharge, and bleeding.  I did not get PID.  Once it is cured, you are no longer at risk of developing PID as long as there are no other infections present.  Chlamydia is not the only thing that can cause PID.  There is nothing else you can do except take the medication and follow up with your doctor if you still have symptoms in a few weeks.
And use condoms every time you have sex.
thank you so much
im very grateful you've helped me alot

You are reading content posted in the Chlamydia Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.