timescale of symptoms

Would symptoms of an std such as chlamydia or gonorhea appear after five weeks? I had protected intercourse and oral, but I'm worried that the oral caused an unnoticeable tear that didn't have time to cause a full break, as the intercourse was brief.

So, five weeks later, I have discomfort in my lower abdomen and testicles. I read however that symptoms appear 1-3 weeks after. I also worry about HIV, as two weeks after the encounter, I threw up, had diarroeah and a fever for 2 hours. Are the symptoms I'm having perhaps the complications of an STD rather than the initial symptoms?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Haven't I answered all this for you, hon?  It would be constant.

You ignored my question - have you seen your doctor?

AJ
Helpful - 0
Would the testicular pain associate with an std be constant? And also, would the testciles be tender. Mine are not, and the pain only lasts a few minutes here and there.
Helpful - 0
Its typically 3-5 weeks for gonorrhea, chlamydia, and NGU for men.  Early HIV symptoms don't last a couple of hours.  They'd last days.

Haven't you been tested?  I can't remember for sure, but if you haven't, you should.  I don't think you have anything, but I know you aren't going to be able to move past this until you do.

Aj
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Chlamydia Community

Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.