Cholesterol Community
436 Members
Tbd

Did your cholesterol come down with medication and plenty of exercise?

External User
I have been on medication for a couple of months now and walking several days a week. I have also been watching what I eat. My Cholesterol has cam down some and I hope it continues too.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Yes, I can easily keep my LDL around 60 by taking Simvastatin and exercising daily.
Tbd
External User
Medication can help lower Cholesterol, but diet and exercise are the key components.
according to research and cardiologist if due to genetics very hard to control with just diet and exercise
Tbd
External User
I have been on medication for two weeks now.
Tbd
External User
I have changed my exercise habits; for instance I added 30 minutes of outside activity to my routine. I wear a pedometer daily.
Tbd
External User
Medication can help but diet and exercise are also important.  
Tbd
External User
Yes
COMMUNITY LEADER
It should, what was it before and after?
Hi, best way to tackle with problem like cholesterol is exercising and eating healthy food rich in fibre. There are various diet plans and lifestyle changes that are available online for tackling with such disease. You can even benefit from certain health related apps which helps you control your cholesterol level without drug intake. All the best.
I've never used an app byt imply walking a half hour a day is cardiac protective and will increase HDL which helps balance the total cholesterol level.  And a diet that involves lean protein, lots of fruits and vegetables works to also keep cholesterol in check. Lowered my cholesterol with that simple concept without having to track or record!
That's great! walking is the easiest and safest exercise and helps with many medical conditions. The which i mentioned is a very useful tool for the people who need some guidance regarding lowering the cholesterol level with proper diet.