Cholesterol Community
521 Members
Tbd

I need a natural way to lower and not meds

External User
I do not want meditations to lower HDL, too many side effects. How to lower naturally?
Tbd
External User
I'm certainly no expert, but I lowered my LDL16 points in three months by changing to a plant based diet. I juice in the morning, followed by a cup of yogurt mid-morning, I have a leafy green salad at lunch with an olive oil-vinegarette dressing and lots of veggies. For dinner I have fish or chicken most nights with more salad and vegetables to fill me up.

Since changing from a diet based in red meat to a plant based diet, I feel better than I have in years.
Tbd
External User
Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables and lentils.Limit the amount of meats. Don't eat high fatty meats
COMMUNITY LEADER
Here's the thing, only about 10% of your serum LDL levels are due to what you eat so at best you can only affect about 10% of your problem with diet which is fine if you are only off by a few points. If you are off by more than that you will need medical intervention so talk to your doctor.
Tbd
External User
Exercise
Reduce your sugar intake as most of the cholesterol is made by your liver. If you reduce sugar then sugar spikes get less and thus less cholesterol is need to be made to purify blood.