Scared that my husband has familial hypercholesterolemia

My husband is 29 years old, very fit, and works out regularly (but all weights, very little cardio).  He recently got bloodwork done and all we know is that the doctor wasn't available, so the nurse told him "The only note is your cholesterol is slightly high, but nothing to worry about."  However she wasn't able to disclose numbers.

I am a wreck waiting back to hear from the doctor because I discovered familial hypercholesterolemia and now I'm convinced he has it.  His father has high cholesterol, but his father has many lifestyle factors that could cause it (overweight, high waist hip ratio, lots of red meat), and he's almost 70.  I have no idea if his dad had it when he was younger, but my husband insists his dad's cholesterol issue is not due to a genetic problem.

None of his first or second degree relatives have died young of a heart problem.  His grandparents all lived close to 90 years old, and his father has high blood pressure/cholesterol but is still generally healthy at almost 70 (no heart attacks, etc).  Does this rule out FH?  I know in order to have it, he'd have to have inherited it from his dad because his mom's cholesterol is fine.

My husband also says he was tested for cholesterol in college, and it came back normal, but I'm skeptical that he actually remembers the type of test he got.  What if it was just a CMP and didn't actually check cholesterol?  How would he even remember?

All this uncertainty is killing me.  I was telling myself "just wait for the doctor's response" but I can't do literally anything without worrying.  I don't want my husband to die before 50 of a sudden heart attack.  I can't go a day without crying now.
Sorry I just realized this is a double post!  My mistake.  Still, I'd like help.
Tbd
DebbiebtaExternal User
An appointment at your local Health Department will put both your minds at ease.
CoQ10 has been found to be ineffective by recent studies, I would not start taking something that has been proven not to work, ask your doctor before you start any supplement.

Tbd
DebbiebtaExternal User
It is important to know what medications are most effective for your body weight.
Tbd
External User
Make your spouse an appointment at your local Health Department they guaranteed to put your mind at ease.
Tbd
External User
The physician is the best place to start. Research is out there on the Internet but you want an expert that knows your body type.
Tbd
External User
You may be worrying yourself for no reason.  He has many characteristics that may be working in his favor. He just needs to keep a watch on his cholesterol to make sure it doesn't increase.
Tbd
External User
I have known people that have completely transformed their cholesterol through exercise and diet. Don't panic yet!