Cholesterol Community
436 Members
Tbd

What is a hearty, cholesterol-lowering breakfast that is easy to make ahead of time?

External User
My habits have me eating out every morning on the way to work, picking up a biscuit and hash browns. :( Delicious, but bad for cholesterol)
I've tried oatmeal and toast, but without something more substantial, with protein, I don't make it to lunch without cravings.
Try eggs- they are a pretty good option!
Tbd
External User
Pick up something on the way to work.
Tbd
External User
Have a green smoothie
Tbd
External User
I don't know how to answer
suzibarrExternal User
I don't always eat breakfast bars on the way to work but I usually drink a nutritional drink and Joint Juice.  I sometimes eat trail mix with them.
Tbd
External User
Oatmeal
Tbd
External User
toast
Tbd
External User
Try some egg beaters and turkey bacon with toast or English muffin with peanut butter. You can cook the bacon up ahead of time and warm it in the microwave or in the pan you cook your eggs in. You can either make a breakfast sandwich with it to eat on the road or take the time to eat at home and put some peanut butter or another type of nut butter for some extra protein to help you make it to lunch.
JTAWoodsExternal User
I started getting the turkey/egg white option from star6ucks or city6rew
Tbd
External User
I fix a smoothie with Greek yogurt and fresh fruit, mixed with fax seed meal and Greens 8000 powder. For a change I like steel cut oatmeal with raspberries.
Tbd
External User
I usually do not eat breakfast, if I do it is something easy like a granola bar,
Tbd
External User
Blueberries,raspberries,strawberries and a hard boiled egg
Tbd
External User
First thing in the morn, oatmeal with berries, plus stir in some yogurt. Then mid-morn grab a banana or apple, that should help make it to lunch.
Tbd
External User
Egg whites with vegetable omelet or Almonds and an apple, I like low fat or 0 fat Greek yogurt with blue berries too.  
Tbd
External User
I drink a shake every morning made with Shakeology, almond milk, spinach, frozen banana & berries. Packed full of vitamins & nutrients, curbs my cravings, and keeps me full all morning.
Tbd
External User
I don't really know how to answer.  The biscuit might not be so bad but and it depends on how the has browns were cooked.  If they were fried, then it's not a good choice.
Tbd
External User
I eat Special K cereal in 1% Lactaid every morning.  
Tbd
External User
I find oatmeal is a good breakfast and it is very filling.
Tbd
External User
1 cup oatmeal with 1/4 cup blackberries and 1 cup low-calorie coconut-almond milk.
Tbd
External User
LaraBars are good.  I eat the blueberry muffin ones and there is no cholesterol in them.
Tbd
External User
https://www.self.com/recipe/banana-nut-overnight-oats. The oats are good for cholesterol. Use almond milk and a few nuts to keep you full.  Chia seed and flax are also good for you and filling.
Tbd
External User
Add nuts to your oatmeal. Try Greek yogurt with nuts, granola, fruit...
Hi CarmenGia, I think the best breakfast for  lowering cholesterol must be fibre rich like oatmeal, flax seeds, apple, soaked almonds etc. as advised by Dr. Janet Brill. She is  nutrition, health and fitness expert from USA. All the best.
1