Feeling completely dead all the time, undiagnosed and needing help
Hi, I'm a normally healthy eighteen-year-old female whom suffers problems with energy. I have absolutely no energy all the time, and when I say none, I mean none AT ALL. I have low vitamin B12 and have been receiving injections monthly for about six months but no improvement whatsoever. I can sleep up to 16 hours a day but for some reason, find it easier to sleep during the day than at night. I also have extreme muscle weakness in the fact that even walking up a flight of stairs has me feeling as though my legs will give out and I'll collapse. Not only that, but I have absolutely no interest in anything. I feel completely empty all the time and feel as though I'm some sort of alien posing as a human. I dissociate extremely badly, my whole life feels as though it's been a dream and there is very little I remember, each time I wake up I feel as though I'm just starting my life. I feel a constant boredness but no energy to move and nothing interests me. I can't focus on anything longer than a few minutes and there honestly isn't anything in the world I could think of that would make me happy. I can't work due to this constant fatigue and it's really weighing heavily on my life. I take 200mg of Effexor daily and my doctor was hoping it would improve my mood but it hasn't, just controlled my anxiety. I feel as though my life is dulled extremely, like I see things through a foggy lense while everybody sees things bright and clear. I have absolutely no interest in sex whatsoever, no interest in romantic relationships, no interest in friendships or physical contact, yet I constantly feel extremely bored, like I'm missing something in my life but nothing brings me any satisfaction. Any thoughts?
So i am going to assume you are being treated for depression, as any doctor who heard what you just wrote would immediately assume depression. If that is not helping, I will tell you that I suffer from all of those problems and have since I was 13. I was misdiagnosed as depressed repeated until I was finally diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Back then, it was believed to be a post menopausal disease. Now we know kids can suffer from with. If you have constant pain with those symptoms, you may want to consider it. 25 yrs later and I am still suffering.