Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Community
327 Members

How many doctors have you seen? Do they all have the same protocol?

My lawyer says that i may not get my social security disability claim to go thru, merely because i have seen so many doctors, like a specialist for each part of my body that went crazy.  I was given no diagnosis, for many years,  other than i was mentally ill and put on psych. meds.  in and out of the ER etc..  i explained that this is common with all my conditions; cfs, FM and endocrine/autoimmune disease.  I read it over and over again on forums, online, but i am very isolated and have so few people in my life, no friends.

The lawyer wants a letter, addressed to him, stating,  that seeing many, many doctors, for symptoms and a diagnosis and remaining ill, is very common..  That  each doctor, has often,  a different protocol..from the next..you start over and over again; eventually you are unable to continue.  The lawyer has never hear of this before.  I do not know of a lawyer, specifically for cfs, in Ohio.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Back to bed!