Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Community
354 Members

My Symptoms & Is This CFS?

Hello! I've just recently started researching my symptoms even though I've been feeling crappy for 2 years now. From what I've read, CFS is clearly the closest to what I've been feeling. About 2 years ago, my symptoms included chronic lower back pain & low grade feverish aches throughout my body. Since I worked in an office environment, I wanted to exercise outdoors to get more energy since I believed my achy feeling was due to lack of activity. The moment I started walking with a neighbor, that ended a week later because I had a super strong menstrual cycle that lasted a whole month! I was 43 at the time & doctors in the ER ruled out anything serious but it caused me to stop exercising again. Then all seemed normal again so I did some indoor cardio workouts in my home then got the flu soon after. Tried again a couple of weeks later, same thing got ill once more & another cold/flu again after. Also, for a couple of years now I've been getting serious nap attacks that only lasts 10 minutes at a time. Felt like that narcoleptic character from the movie Moulin Rouge who would just fall down & sleep. My husband started getting concerned with me driving. I once had a nap attack in a public area (which I would NEVER do!) in the middle of a picnic area with kids screaming & running around & didn't hear a peep! Today I still feel the strange radiating low grade feverish aches all throughout my body usually at around 5 pm. And the worst symptom I have is my strong sense of smell! I have an immediate reaction to cigarette, air cleansing sprays, any cleaner actually & perfumes & colognes. My insides feel like my lungs are on fire! My throat also feels like they will constrict & close up. I'm sure with what I've researched that stress affects the adrenal glands & causes all this & is emotional as well because the timing of these episodes happen before & after work. It completely debilitates me on the weekends. I'm not able to catch up on chores & personal stuff. It just sounds like I'm crazy to others I confide in but so glad I found this forum to see others wonder about what is happening to them as well.
Being deficient in vitamins and mortals can wreak havoc on your body. You can get it checked with blood work.

Vitamin D, Magnesium RBC, vitamin B12, potassium, Calcium, iron/ferritin.
Low normal range is still bad and can cause symptoms.

I'm recovering from iron deficiency and D. Still trying to balance other vitamins and minerals because I'm not symptom free.