Sleepy yet sleepless

I am not diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome, however I don't know what is wrong with me. I am tired ALL THE TIME. I am 20 years old I sleep for 8 hours a day waking every couple of hours or so. When I wake up I feel awake for about three hours and then I feel extremely tired again and usually end up falling asleep when I sit down for an hour or so. Then I wake up after three hours or so stay up for another hour and then go right back to sleep. I was not this tired in High School, however in college I got sleepy more. I dropped out of college due to stress, and I was hoping the fatigue would go away and it did not. Should I see a doctor, and if I should what type of doctor would I see? Thank you so much.
Go to a neurologist specialing in sleep medicine. Frequent awakenings are a hallmark of several disorders, including sleep apnea and narcolepsy. If you find yourself waking up with headaches, having cold sweats or feeling out of breath, apnea is a real possibility. Try sleeping on your side and if you have a stuffy nose, get some afrin to use only at night.

I have narcolepsy and had pretty much identical symptoms to yours. It's not like on TV. Best wishes. If you have further questions feel free to ask!