Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria Community
67 Members

Anyone with Chronic Hives (Urticaria) have any treatments that have worked?

I have had chronic hives for the past 2 years.  My triggers include getting warm, working out, tight clothing, hot showers, drinking alcohol, etc.  They are the worst the day after I drink alcohol.  My body is often covered head to toe.  They are extremely hot to the touch and very itchy.  I have to avoid getting warm throughout the day because if I do, I will have hives the rest of the day.  I can't wear closed-toed shoes at all.  If I wear boots, flats, or tennis shoes my feet break out in hives and they often spread to the rest of my body.  Sometimes of course, I get them for no apparent reason.  I haven't had a day without them in two years.  If anyone else has experienced chronic hives like this I would love to hear from you.  
After I had some big dental treatment a couple of years ago I too had a huge rash ..I think it was an allergy to the drugs they gave me ...it still comes back now and again but nothing like it was, I have been worse when taking any meds
.
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions