Hello. I have been sick with a variety of ailments for almost 5 months now. Here's a quick list of the issues.
1. Sore throat, nasal thing - took amoxicillian. Cleared it up
2. Bacterial Vaginosis while pregnant - took Flagal. Cleared it up. Then got a yeast infection, which I used Monistat for. It cleared up as well.
3. Had a bad cough in November - was given an antibiotic (can't remember which), cleared it up, but I had a late term miscarriage right afterward. Still had the bad cough a few weeks later, was given Azythromax. It cleared up the cough a bit.
4. Still had a slight cough beginning of January. Have an awful taste in mouth when coughing. Had terrible pains in upper, lower chest and back. Was given Advair. Took the Advair twice. Had awful chest pains from it. Stopped taking Advair. Went back to Dr's, was diagnosed with Pleurisy. Given Naproxan for inflammation. Took a chest x-ray 2 weeks ago. Was told it was clear.
5. Chest pains have subsided, have stopped taking Naproxen.
6. Once a week or so, I get a terrible cough (not bringing anything up), alot of wheezing in my chest and still have the awful taste in my mouth when I cough. Almost a metallic, fishy taste. The "bottom" of my throat, the part just before the collar bone, (esophogus?) feels irritated also.
Am wondering if this is a heartburn/reflux thing since I DO have heartburn and take Prilosec for ....but what is the cough and funny taste and wheezing from. Could I possibly have an infection that won't go away? Asthma?
Any suggestions? I'm getting very frustrated!
Thank you in advance!
Wow. You have had more than your share of illness.
A person can have reflux, even while taking Prilosec® (omeprazole) and this might be the cause. If so, it could also be the cause of your cough and wheezing, which can be signs of asthma. Medicine can cause a metallic, fishy taste. So can infection of tonsils, nose, throat, sinuses or teeth. One can have an abscessed tooth, without pain.
You might want to go to this website for other causes of such abnormal tastes. http://wrongdiagnosis.com/symptoms/metallic_taste/causes.htm.
Copyright 1994-2018MedHelp.All rights reserved. MedHelp is a division of Vitals Consumer Services, LLC.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. MedHelp is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.