Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Forum

dry throat

Hi.  I find that when I lie down at night I seem to breath differently.. like inhaling thru a  straw.. hollow
when I wake up  its like my throat is stuck together, sometimes I have to get up at night and drink to unstick my throat. even during the day at the very very back of my throat, it feels dry

can u help ?  thank you.   Jacqui Perry
Sounds like you may be experiencing nasal obstruction, forcing you to mouth-breathe at night.  You might also want to consider measures to increase the humidity of your bedroom, but the first thing to do is to have your nose examined and, if obstructed, have it treated either medically or surgically.

Good luck.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.