Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder Community

Emphysema and Effexor XR

Today I found this site and read practically every comment , article as well as personal testimonies from fellow Effexor XR survivors. My question is not one of how to reduce or manage withdrawal symptoms ( have fully discussed with GP and Psychiatrist all aspects ) however I get nowhere when trying to find out high dosage over long term effects medically . I've been on 300mg, 150mg in morning and again at bedtime. This has been the dosage for at least 5 years and prior to that was always around 275 but never less than 150mg therapeutic dose . To my knowledge, any clinical trials did not go beyond 10 years.....so , to get to the point , is there any info available on the longer term effects on my body at this sustained dosage . I also have emphysema and wondered about the " breathing difficulties " warnings within the contraindications . Sorry for long winded run up to question but trying to give full picture. Thanks in advance of response.
Hi, each individual may respond differently to this medication. It can cause headache, nausea, dry mouth, sweating, sleepiness or insomnia, and diarrhea or constipation and loss of libido. It can also cause increased or lowered blood pressure, sweating, anorexia, twitching and shock-like sensations. Also remember that as you lower the dose you are also lowering the side effects directly attributable to the medication. Regards.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.