Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder Community

Please share your experience with pleurisy.

The pleura is a two layered sac that holds the lungs and separates them from the chest wall, diaphragm, and heart.Pleurisy,   also called pleuritis, results from an inflammation of this sac.The pleura that lines the inside of the chest is called the parietal pleura. The pleura that covers the lungs is called the visceral pleura. If you are healthy, the pleura is separated by a thin layer of fluid. This lets the lungs expand and contract easily during breathing.The inflammation that occurs with pleurisy can cause pain with breathing and may even cause a large amount of fluid   buildup to collect in the pleural sac.Pleurisy can go away on its own or worsen so that   pleural fluid has to be drained from around the lungs.Some people develop scar tissue called adhesions after they have pleurisy. They then have chronic pain or shortness of breath.
They refuse to give me pain medicines. I get gastrointestinal bleeds and have to avoid over the counter aspirin, naproxen, etc. I have had pleurisy for months and I cannot find a good doctor. I am trying acupuncture but am broke! I am taking cordyceps and turmeric. The pain is unbelievable and terror has been my life this week! To not treat pain in the year 2018 is just plain abuse!
My severe pain from pleurisy lasted 5 weeks, then went to moderate pain for a week, and then mild. They gave me Percocet but honestly it didn't help with the pain at all. A dose of 800 mg ibuprofen helped the best and NyQuil or Benadryl helped me sleep through the night. I still have mild to moderate residual pain 3 months later. I'm wondering if it will ever go away. I had a bad flu in July and ended up with pleurisy in August. Crazy to me.
I got pleurisy over 15 years ago and it took months to go away but I was left with scar tissue that continued to hurt since. I just got it again two weeks ago, went to the hospital yesterday and was given tramadol and told to see a lung doctor if I don't feel better in the next few days. I wasn't sick, didn't have any physical injury to the area, but no one can tell me how I got it nor can they stop the pain.
It is still 2 weeks with pleurisy, it hurt so badly the first few days, but now I'm feeling better; just a little back pain that won't go away. I was prescribed antibiotics for a urinary tract infection (UTI), and the doctor said it might be the UTI that caused all this mess. My anxiety is making everything worse, every little thing I feel I start panicking. It's been a very traumatizing experience for me this past week.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.