Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder Community

Wrong Pipe???

Hello...some background information may be helpful.

I am a 28 year old female.  I exercise about 10 hours a week, and I have a job that requires I speak and am on my feet for 8 hours a day.I have in the past sufferred from anxiety so I try my best to keep myself calm.  However, my mother has alzheimer's so I have spent way too much time around doctors lately and know a little more than I should about what I am about to ask.

Yesterday, I was eating a lychee jelly.  To help, it is a fruit inside of a gelatin that is about a half dollar size around and a half and inch in thickness.  You have to tip the cup back in order for the jelly to slide out.  Upon doing so, the jelly went to the back of my throat and down a tub without my swallowing.  I felt a choking reflex immediately, but because of its jelly texture, it slid right down without coughing, choking or anything.  

I immediately freaked out.  I do not know if it went down my esophogas or trachae and I am terrified of aspiration penumonia.  I have looked up the symptoms, but this is what I am currently experiencing.

I slept perfectly, woke up with a very slight cough that is sporadic.  Almost like a cold cough.  However, I am a smoker so this didnt seem of concern.  I do have a pain in my mid back and have an odd feeling in my chest.  However, I am not sure if this is a result of my anxiety over the situation.

I am in pretty good health otherwise and I am active so I often have muscle pain.  Please help.  I know what could happen with aspiration pneumonia, but am I just freaking out??
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.