Nerve Pain

After falling on ice and getting a distal radial fracture requiring a ORIF I have been experiecing severe nerve
pain, any suggestions for the pain. Thanks, lyerhc
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
The first thing is to make absolutely certain that the nerve has been decompressed--  if this was an open procedure I guess I should assume the nerve was visualized and there is nothing pinching or pushing against the nerve.  Beyond that the only thing I know of would be the 'usual anticonvulsants'-- neurontin in high doses, lyrica, tegretol... sometimes a small amount of an opiate makes a big difference.  
Helpful - 1
I just went to the doctor today and found out one of my 9 pins is loose and and I have to have more surgery this coming Monday, the 2nd do you think this will help the pain/nerve problem. Thanks  Cheryl
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Chronic Pain Forum

Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches