Cirrhosis of the Liver Community
728 Members

High GGTP level

Hi. my mom, 54 years old had laparoscopy cholecystectomy in the end of November 2014. Elevated AST, ALT and GGTP after operation( GGTP 160). GGTP level checked every month. Falling down slowly until 60 in the end of december. Aspat and Alat normal until december. Checked GGTP now- again 150. Ultrasound before operation normal. She doesn't drink alkohol/take drugs. What can be the reason? What should we do?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hello.

Has your mother been diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver?
This is a community for the discussion of advanced liver disease (cirrhosis of the liver), it complications and its impact on people's lives.

Laparoscopic cholecystectomy is surgery to remove the gallbladder. Commonly for the treatment of gallstones and other gallbladder conditions.

I would recommend posting your questions in the MedHelp "Gallbladder Community" where issues about the gallbladder are discussed and others familiar with cholecystectomy and gallbladder issues can be found.

Best of luck to you and your mom.
Hector
The doctor when had seen GGTP result diagnosed cirrhosis but it doesn't seem  correct to me to do it withou further examinations. Thanks for answer anyway!
A bit unreasonable there I feel.  With elevated Liver numbers I would say she could benefit from this board a great deal.