Calculi in Gall Bladder

I have a calculi in my gall bladder of 1.4cms length. What is the cause of it and how can it be resolved?
Gallstones are caused by a variety of factors including diet, genetics, weight and age. You are more likely to develop gallstones if it runs in your family. According to Wikipedia, being white, female, fertile and/or overweight are all possible risk factors as well.

It's unlikely for gallstones to be dissolved or removed unless they are very small. 1,4 cms is quite large. It's likely that your gall bladder will have to be removed through laparoscopic surgery. Whilst surgery isn't nice, gallstone attacks are much much worse and it's perfectly possible to live without a gall bladder.

Seeing as how you know how big the stone is, I assume you're already in treatment for it, so good luck!