Is it normal to have an 11 week cold/flu

At the beginning of May I caught a cold, this lasted about a week and subsided. Then my roommate came home with the Flu which I caught about 3 days after I recovered from the cold. The flu lasted about three weeks with the side effects of chest infection, fatigue, fever, high blood pressure and heart rate and also caused issues with my thyroid, causing my throat to swell up and cause huge issues with breathing.

I was put on a strong dose of medication and the symptoms passed, but after the symptoms passed pains in my ribs started and the doctor noted I had torn the cartilage around my ribs from coughing. (this made coughing even more fun)

It has now been 11 weeks since this all began and I still have the terrible phlegmy cough constantly and am showing signs of another cold developing.

Is it normal to have a cough for this long? after all my doctor appointments, I've been trying to avoid going again. I was tested for pneumonia and bronchitis when I first fell sick and these both came back negative.

Any help will be appreciated.
Coughs can linger like this.  Such a pain in the behind!  The lining within us gets irritated when we cough and then it can then make us cough more and longer and mucus shows up to soothe and there you have the phlegm that won't go away.  Try to rest, eat well and exercise and take a good multi vitamin giving your body the best chance to recover.  But you should get over this soon.  Let us know how you are doing!
Still if you have a cold or flu, You may take Vicks Dayquil or nyquil  in proper way to cure your cold and flu. Here is the link with brief explanation for dayquil  https://www.livealittlelonger.com/how-often-can-you-take-dayquil/